Open playlist creators know: Some playlists come together seamlessly. With others, though, finding tracks that match the melody or mood may prove more difficult – or you may want to broaden your horizons and add new songs and artists. We’re launching enhancements for listeners who need some help when adding tracks to new or existing playlists.
Starting today, Spotify Enhance is launching a new feature for Spotify Premium users to easily add personalized recommendations to their playlists.
Improvements combine you and Spotify, giving you personalized recommendations for creating playlists with easy control over the navigable design. Turn these recommendations on or off with just a tap of a button. And once upgraded, you’ll see your playlist populated with suggested songs that match the others in your playlist.
Throughout all of this, you stay in control of what is added. Here’s how it works:
- Simply turn the feature on and off by tapping the new “Advanced” button at the top of each playlist.
- The recommendations woven into the track list will then appear. You will receive one recommendation after every two tracks, for a maximum of 30 recommendations.
- If you like what you see, press the “+” icon next to each new track to add it permanently to the playlist.
- This is an addition, not a replacement: the songs you add will never be replaced and you can turn off the extension with a simple tap.
Next month, Enhance will be launched across all Android and iOS * markets selected for all premium users. Additional markets are expected to follow in the coming months.
By improving, we’re helping our listeners do more than they like: modify their playlists with great recommendations. Improvements will continue as we learn more, so stay tuned for this update on the road.
* Markets include: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Italy, Latvia Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom and United States