The community team reviews our Ideas Board and highlights the status updates we’ve updated over the last few months.
Below you can find conditions that have changed for the past few months. For more information read: Idea Exchange: How does my response reach Spotify?
D. [iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify streaming and offline listening
This is one of our favorite ideas and we know it’s something our users really want to see. We’re pleased to announce that this feature will now be available on the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.
2. [Desktop][Podcasts] Eliminate Blue Dot on the desktop app – use the progress bar to show if it’s playing
This idea has now been implemented. Thank you for your + vote.
3. [Desktop][Other] Return the option to hide the media key overlay
We’ve talked to the relevant team and they’ve confirmed that this feature has already been implemented – that’s why we’re updating Idea Status to Implement.
4. [Desktop][Podcasts] Add / remove podcast shows to your own playlists in the desktop app
We’re happy to announce that this feature is now available on the desktop.
5. [All Platforms] Album art for each track in a playlist
It is sure that it is now available on Android, iOS and desktop.
6. [Music] Stop playback after track
We are happy to say that this function is now available on mobile devices through the Sleep Timer feature. It can be activated directly via the Moon icon in the Podcast’s Now Playing View, or through the three dot menus in the Song Dance Playing View.
7. [Desktop] Please return a list of “Discovered ….” playlists when viewing the artist’s profile.
8. [Mobile][Connect] Enable explicit content filters in Spotify Connect
For this to work, make sure the filter is already enabled on your mobile or tablet before using it Connect.
9. [PS4][Partnership] Bring PS4 support to Israel.
Spotify is now available on PlayStation 4 in Israel. There is more information Here.
10 [Partnership] Provide PlayStation Music in Croatia
We have more information on this Here.
11 [PlayStation][Connect] PlayStation Spotify connection in Ukraine
12. [Other] Exact release date across all platforms
All you have to do is go around the song release year: it will show you the release date of the whole song
13. [All Platforms] View and play my favorite tracks from an artist’s page
14. [Desktop][Playlists] Remove currently playing songs from playlists
You can right-click on the song currently playing in the lower left corner of the app and it will be one of the available options Remove from this playlist.
15. [Desktop] Add “playlist” as a “to your library” tab
Playlists are now a separate tab in your library on the desktop. This section provides a list of your playlists in Grid View, with various sorting options accessible via the buttons in the top right corner of the app.
16. [Desktop][Your Library] Sort playlist lists
You can change the sort order by navigating Your Library> Playlists And select the one of your choice via the button in the top right corner of the app. There is more information here.
17. [Desktop][Your Library] Playlist in grid view with large cover
Listing your playlists in Grid View is now available on the desktop. This can be done by navigating to your Libraries> Playlists.
18. (Podcast) You should be able to share a specific time stamp when sharing a pod
We’re happy to ensure that, using the mobile app, it’s now possible to share podcast episodes starting at a specific moment. There is more information here.
19. [Apple Watch] Remember the podcast location for offline listening
We also think it’s a great idea and are actively working to make it happen. Although we can’t set an exact timeline for when it will be implemented – stay tuned!
20 [Social] Friendship playlist
It’s a great idea and has a chance to make it happen, so we’re looking into it further.
21 [Desktop][Developer] Add support for Apple Silicon (Mac ARM64)
We’re working hard on this and are happy to announce that we now have a beta version of our app.
22. [Social] Block followers
We know there was a lot of demand for this capability and we are changing the situation to “under consideration”.
23 [Subscription] Student discount in Quebec
24. [Following] Separate artists and friends
25 [Chromecast] Support backdrop wallpaper (screen saver)
26. [Mobile] Restore the ability to view albums for free users
27 [Subscription] Loyalty Program: Discounts for long-term customers
28. Wish box for missing tracks and artists
29. MQA-Master Quality Authenticated Lossless Streaming
30 [Profile] Reset or hide recently played artists
31 [Hulu] Spotify family planning with Hulu
32 [Subscription] Pay with Bitcoin
33. [Subscription] Hulu Ad Free + Spotify
34 [Android] Turn off full screen cover art on the lock screen
35. [Subscription] Teacher discount
36. [Partnership] Steam integration
37. [Playlists] Merge / add a playlist to another playlist
38. [Connect] Do not automatically sync what I’m playing across the device
39. [DJay] Use offline playlists in the Djay app
40 [Social] Get notified when someone close to you hears the same song as you
41. [Music] Import and export music
42. [Account] Personal usage statistics
43. [Playlists] The number of newly added tracks next to the playlist
We’re actively bringing your comments and feedback to the team here so they know which features are important to you. If you have a good idea, you can submit it here.
If you would like to see some changes before other users, you can sign-up to join our thousands of beta testers here.
Spotify: Track: 038gKq7MYQFa20Q7MdHySX