Hello, meals! Can you believe “the most magical celebration in the world” in honor of the 1950s?th Birthday at Walt Disney World Resort starts next week ?! The 18 months of festivities will highlight what has made Walt Disney World so special over the past five decades, along with the magic of the future. Of course, Walt Disney World food, past and present, are key parts of the celebration. From next week you can cook the magic of your own kitchen with Delicious Disney: recipes and stories from the most magical place on Earth by Pam Brandon, Marcy Carriker Smothers and The Disney Chefs.
Today we take a look at a recipe you can find in the cookbook: Empress Lilly au Gratin Potatoes. Empress Lilly Riverboat, moored on the shores of present-day Disney Springs, was named after Walt Lillian’s wife, affectionately known as Lilly. The Riverboat first welcomed guests on May 1, 1977, and Lilly attended the site dedication with five of her grandchildren and Walt. The Empress Empress included three restaurants and a jazz lounge, with the Empress Room being the most elegant dining experience of the time at Walt Disney World. Empress Lilly closed on April 22, 1995 and is now home to Paddlefish in Disney Springs.
Enjoy some of the best home restaurants with the firm Empress Lilly Au Gratin Potatoes Delicious Disney. Yum!
BUSINESS LILLY POTATOES FOR FREE
Serves for 4 people
- 2 large baked potatoes
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated onion, optional
- 3 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F. Bake potatoes for 50 to 60 minutes or until soft enough to pierce with a fork. Refrigerate in the fridge to cool, then peel and grate coarsely.
- Put half and half almost to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add salt, pepper, celery salt and onion. Stir in the grated potatoes.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350 ° F. Place the potatoes in a 1 quart quart. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden and boiling.
Note: Always be careful when handling sharp objects. Supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger amount into restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant version.
Click here for a home printable version of this recipe.
Delicious Disney: recipes and stories from the most magical place on Earth will be available exclusively at shopDisney.com and Walt Disney World starting September 28, 2021, just in time for “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.” And be sure to share the recipes you make at home on the social network with # DisneyWorld50.