When Harmonious debuts on October 1 at EPCOT as part of the world’s most magical celebration, it will be a celebration of Disney music. The show will focus on how Disney music serves as the soundtrack of the world across cultures, continents and generations as a source of joy, hope and possibility.
Harmonious will include 15 favorite Disney songs that have been reinvented by a culturally diverse ensemble of 240 artists from around the world, including musicians, songwriters, arrangers, vocalists and more. In total, the music was performed and recorded through more than 110 sessions in nine different countries.
Harmonious will take guests on a journey through new renditions of classic Disney songs, like never before. The songs have been inspired and influenced by cultures and people from all over the world. Music will be played alongside choreographed mobile fountains and lights, lasers, fireworks and pyrotechnics at the Lagoon World Showcase.
The show will feature:
- Harmonious opens with an inspiring combination of “How Far I’ll Go” from “Moana” and “Go the Distance” from “Hercules” performed by “American Idol” finalist and three-time GRAMMY nominee Danny Gokey, along with vocalists Elisha Garrett and Ninet Tayeb.
- Johannesburg’s Ndlovu Youth Choir brings a combination of favorites from “The Lion King,” performed in both English and Zulu.
- “Dig a Little Deeper” from “The Princess and the Frog” features vocalist Bryson Camper and legendary gospel artists Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard.
- French pop singer Damien Sargue performs “Out There” from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame.”
- The songs from Disney and Pixar’s “Coco” receive an exciting pan-Latin broadcast from award-winning Puerto Rican artist Luis Fonsi, responsible for several world hits, including “Despacito,” and award-winning Mexican singer-songwriter Joy.
- Disney and Pixar’s “Brave” gets a Celtic kick from GRAMMY and Emmy-nominated violinist Máiréad Nesbitt and electronic artist, violinist and versatile artist Lindsey Stirling, who sells platinum.
- The musical selections of “Mulan”, “The Jungle Book” and “Aladdin” stand out for the vocal talent of Wang Liuqi, Hollie Hammel, Aditya Rao, Gaayatri Kaundinya, Jorgie Shkara and Sanaa Marahati.
- “Harmonious” ends the hopeful message of the magic show that happens when people come together. When it ends, the inspiring ballad “Someday” (from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”) is combined with the new EPCOT theme by composer Pinar Toprak to unite the people of the world with the hope and promise they find every day. at the park. .
The show will last 20 minutes and will include 13 different languages.