Magic appeals to all foodies at Walt Disney World Resort 50th birthday – The most magical celebration in the world. Throughout our four theme parks and beyond, Disney chefs and mixologists have created more than 150 full-bodied, whimsical, whimsical EARidescent bites and bites, with even more arrivals during the 18-month celebration that begins on October 1st.
Walt’s personal recipes, Walt Disney World Resort attractions (past and present), beloved Disney characters, and nostalgic 1971 dishes were an inspiration for the tasty offerings created for this birthday celebration.
Walt’s palate was relatively simple, certainly a man of meat and potatoes. Roast lamb, roast beef hash with a fried egg, chili and fried chicken were his favorites, along with desserts of lemon, apple, chocolate and bread milk. Disney chefs looked at Walt’s recipes from the archives as they planned the 1950sth birthday celebration. The result is deliciously reimagined versions of Walt’s favorites. And many of the delights (including the EARidescent Sip-a-bration fun) are infused with brilliant EARidescent to add brilliant touches to the celebratory creations.
I highlight just a sample of the limited time sips and bites in this Foodie Guide, but we’ve created one complete online guide to see the more than 150 fantastic menu items.
To see all 50th birthday celebration: offers food and drinks on your mobile device, click here to download the My Disney Experience app or click here to view at Disneyworld.com.
As you celebrate with us, be sure to share your favorite tastes and bites using the hashtag # DisneyWorld50.
The most magical celebration in the world begins!
Magic Kingdom Park
Aunt Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- Uncle Orville Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow Sundae: Soft serve of chocolate and vanilla, pieces of brownie, hot fudge and whipped cream sprinkled with red, white and blue sprinkles served in a “bathtub”
Be our guest restaurant
- Squid revenge drink: a michelada with a salty edge and garnished with charred octopus and cucumber. Beware, the giant squid is back!
- Pressed Penny Silk Pie: chocolate cake shell, silky chocolate filling, sweet whipped cream and a penny of pressed chocolate
- 50th Celebration Hot Dog: Hot veal puppy topped with strawberry bacon jam, crisp funnel cake pieces and powdered sugar
Royal Cinderella Table
- Royal 50th Celebration Flight – Flight of Enchantée Champagne – a cup of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunière (Enchantée Champagne is sold exclusively at the Walt Disney World Resort)
Columbia Harbor House
- Happy Haunts Milkshake: Blackberry smoothie topped with a purple glass donut covered with black sprinkles
Cosmic Ray Starlight Coffee
- Mission to Mars: Hamburger with bacon, macaroni and cheese served in a dusty bun with crushed cheese leaves
The Crystal Palace
- Walt’s favorites at the buffet: chicken steak, New York steak, pork chops and more.
- The Toad Burger: burger served on a bread with lettuce, tomato, pickle and American cheese
Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Canteen Skipper
- Fried rice on the veranda: spicy shrimp in garlic with chili served on fried pork rice with eggs and peas (from the original menu of the Verandah restaurant)
- Dumbo Churros: churros rolled in peanut powder and served with chocolate sauce in a Dumbo-themed churro bag
- Royal 50th Churro: churros rolled with strawberry sugar, drizzled with marshmallow cream and bright sprinkles served with chocolate sauce
- The Banana Boom: traditional banana trencadís topped with candies and a candied shooting star
- Cheers to 50 years! – Chocolate and vanilla ice cream, brownies, muffins, crumbled cookies, pretzel sticks and hot fudge with whipped cream, EARidescent sugar and a Mickey pretzel drizzled with caramel and chocolate icing (serves 4 to 6)
Letters of stories
- Heigh-Ho Sundae! – Serve soft chocolate, hot fudge, pieces of Graham’s cookie, chocolate yolks and whipped cream
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
- Five alarm wings: wings thrown in a sweet, spicy heat served with ranch garnish for diving
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Mickey’s 50th Celebration Premium Bar: Our classic Nestlé Mickey ice cream bar, bathed in a raspberry-flavored blue coating with celebration sprinkles and a little pixie powder
- Walt Chili Cheese Chips: Crispy Chips topped with Walt’s Favorite Chili and Cheddar Sauce
- Walt Disney’s favorite hot chili where a hot dog stands: a hot dog served in a hot bun covered with Walt’s favorite chili and cheddar sauce
- 50th Celebration Chocolate Cakes: Almond Praline, White Chocolate Cream, Ganache and Chocolate Cream Liqueur Sauce
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Trolley Car Café
- Glimmer and Shimmer pineapple mousse: golden pineapple mousse on a toasted coconut crunch with caramel cream and matcha sponge cake
The Hollywood Brown Derby
- Filet Mignon with Walt’s Hash topped with an egg (just like Walt liked it!)
The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge, Oasis Canteen, Sunshine Day Bar and Entertainment Bar
- Bright on the moon: moonshine apple pie, amaretto, falernum, pineapple juice and club soda served with a souvenir glow cube
- Chocolate Mousse: Dark chocolate mousse with raspberries, chocolate cake and almonds, and a layer of cheesecake with crunchy chocolate and hazelnut
Coral Reef Restaurant
- Key Lime Tart with toasted meringue, EARidescent shine, sprinkles and chocolate garnish
The EPCOT Experience
- EARidescent Croissant Donut: croissant donut with blue icing and sprinkles
The Cellier Steakhouse
- Chocolate mousse: dark chocolate mousse, pieces of caramel cookie, milk chocolate shell and chocolate chip cookie
- Mini Bundt Chocolate Cake – Mini Bundt Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache, Sprinkle and Powder Coating with EARidescent Gloss and Chocolate 50th birthday garnish
Amorette pastry shop
- 50th Celebration Petit Cake: Vanilla chiffon cake with blue celebration mousse, blueberry jam and lemon curd
- 50th Celebration Chocolate Package:
- 50th Celebration Ganache Chocolate Bar: Milk chocolate combined with caramel and crisps to make a playful crunch
- 50th Celebration Ganache Square: Ganache celebration cake mixed with sprinkles, with 65% dark chocolate and decorated with a bright castle design
- Chocolate Pigñata: chocolate shell stuffed with cajeta mousse, soft cake (infused with whiskey and vanilla), chipotle bacon crumble, candied orange and Maria cookies. Yes, there is a mallet to break your piñata. It serves two.
- Sweet nostalgia pineapple upside down cake – Pineapple cake upside down with caramel glazed with Chantilly cream
Terralina made in Italian,
- Whimsical white chocolate mousse – White chocolate mousse with salted caramel and cotton candy
Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill,
- Chocolate sphere with caramel banana: dark chocolate sphere, vanilla pudding, banana caramel compote, gold dust and chocolate pearls
The Mara, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Chocolate mousse with a cardamom financier
Contempo Café, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- 50th Anniversary Banana Cake with Peanut Butter: Sweet Cake Shell Stuffed with Peanut Butter Mousse and Banana Sauce Covered with Chocolate Enamel and Chocolate Decoration
Toledo – Tapas, Steak and Seafood, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Stewed lamb cane with mashed potatoes with olive oil, rosemary toasted garlic sauce, gag jam and English peas
P & J’s Southern Takeout, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds
- Chicken Dinner Cupcake Trio
- Fried chicken-apple fry, apple pie moon filling and vanilla butter cream
- Peas and carrots, strawberry moon cream, white chocolate icing and mini “peas” from M & M’S
- Cupcake with mashed mashed potatoes, caramel butter cream and STARBURST “butter”
Great Floridan Cafe, Grand Floridan Resort & Disney Spa
- Minnie Brown’s 50th Birthday Vintage Betty Profiterole – Crispy Cream Stuffed with One of Walt’s Favorite Flavors: Cinnamon Apples and Chantilly Cream
Olivia’s Cafe, Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Spam-Cheddar cookies with white sauce and sprinkled with honey
Captain Cook, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- 50th Celebration Cupcake: Vanilla Cupcake with DOLE Whip Pineapple Center, Tropical Fruit Sauce and Pineapple Macaroni
Le Petit Café, Disney’s Riviera Resort
- 50th Celebration Cupcake: Vanilla cupcake, cake-flavored mousse and caramel butter cream icing topped with crisp pearls, 50th birthday sprinkles and a whimsical golden Mickey
Roaring Fork, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Petit Stump Cake: Chocolate cake with butter cake cream for birthday cake surrounded by chocolate “crust” fondant with a 50th anniversary chocolate coin
The Market at Ale & Compass, Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- 50th Celebration Tart: Birthday cake mousse dome on top of a vanilla cake shell filled with milk chocolate mousse with crispy mini chocolate pearls, butter cream, fondant and chocolate decoration
Available in restaurants, lounges and pool bars selected from our four theme parks and resorts
- EARidescent Sip-a-bration: Minute Maid Premium Lemonade and fruity strawberry punch served in a 50th edition celebration glass with a surprise character and a bit of magic.
- Magical Beacon cocktail: gin, blue curacao, Minute Maid Premium lemonade, organza syrup (almond), lemon, hibiscus grenadine and a cube of souvenir glow
Our classic Nestlé Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar has a new festive wrap that features Mickey in his best EARidescent style.