As we have highlighted in our Artist Fundraising Launch post, You can now highlight a fundraising destination, as well as be able to highlight your music Artist selection.
Here, we’ll break down how fundraising works for each of our fundraising partners – Cash App, Givalital, GoFundMe, Iziko (a Payu company), Mercado Pago, PayPal.me, Payu and Music Relief companies – some of the best. And examples. Any payment is on a third party site, and Spotify does not in any way take part in the transaction. We will keep this post updated as we add new fundraising options in the future and don’t forget to review us Security policy And Frequently Asked Questions Before submitting your pick.
- Cash App is a payment platform (available in the US and UK) that lets you receive money from anyone worldwide. In the Cache app, you are identified by your “শ cashtag” which is the unique username used to send or receive money.
- The Cash app is a great option for you if you are raising easy funds for yourself, your crew or your team.
- 05/04 Update: Thousands of fans have already supported more than 10,000 artists via the Cash app on Spotify and as a result, their additional $ 1 million USD contribution has reached full. This $ 100 payment will be completed within the next 30 days of eligible artists. Of course, artists can use the Cash app as their artist fundraiser.
- We are particularly excited about our partnership with Cash App, as they have established a generous 1 million relief effort for artists during this challenging time. Spotify for artist users who submit their “asht cashtag” username to their artist fundraiser secures at least one contribution of any size through Sp and Spotify – they will receive an additional $ 100 from the Cash app in their account, with a total contribution of 1 million. Done. $ 100 will be credited to the eligible account after 30 days.
- To be eligible to receive these contributions from the Cash app, artists must specify that cash tag to pay from an existing Cash App account or by signing up for a new Cash App account. Cash app artist contributions will only apply to artists based in the United States and the United Kingdom, but Spotify audiences around the world can still contribute through the Cash app. You can see the full legal terms Here.
- The cash app does not take any deduction for the transaction in any way.
- You can download the Cache app IOS Or Android. If you have any problems, go to their help center Here.
- GoFundMe is a social fundraising platform that allows people to raise money for individuals, causes and organizations. You can raise money for yourself using GoFundMe, for your team or crew, or for a charity. To get started with GoFundMe, Click here.
- They’ve got some simple tips for creating an effective fundraising page that you can see Here. In short:
- Storytelling main: Keep it private, don’t feel the need to make the question extra formal. It’s okay to use pictures and videos in your story.
- Specify: Describe how you will use the funds, what it will mean for your career. GoFundMe shared that a description of 400 words or more is most effective.
- Keep your donors up to date: Show what their grants mean to you and what effect it has on the cause.
- You can also search for charities set up on GoFundMe Here. If you would like to raise funds for a charity that does not have its own GoFundMe page and you are in a country where GoFundMe is available, you can set up one on their behalf And GoFundMe will help ensure that funds reach that charity. You should review Spotify’s artist fundraising selection Security policy Before choosing a charity, or your fundraising may be removed from Pot Spotify.
- GoFundMe is available in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
- There is no platform fee to use GoFundMe, and all donations are secure and guaranteed. The industry standard credit card processing fee is 2.9% and দ 0.30 per donation.
- After receiving the payment, you must withdraw your donations within 30 days of your first donation. Once you withdraw money from your account, it will take 2-5 business days to arrive (weekends and holidays are not considered business days).
- If you have any questions about GoFundMe, you can visit their Help Center Here.
- PayPal It is an online payment system that supports online money transfers. By creating a PayPal.me link, you can easily share it with anyone to get paid through PayPal.
- Paypal.me A great option for you is if you have financial support for yourself, your crew or your team, whatever you are doing. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can sign-up here for free PayPal.com Or in the app.
- It is found in many countries around the world, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Indonesia, and more Here For the complete list). PayPal does not support such PayPal.me payments in some countries. If you are in one of these markets, do not use or promote Paypal.me to raise funds for your artist: it will be removed: China, Argentina, Bahrain, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala , Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Jordan, Malaysia, Mexico, Nicaragua, Oman, Panama, Peru, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay.
- PayPal’s standard rate for payment for goods and services is 2.9% and may apply to ল 0.30 per domestic transaction. Fees are subject to change. Currency conversion fees may apply for border payments. For information, Read more.
- Use of PayPal PayPal User Agreement and Acceptable Use Policies that apply in your country.
- For Australian artists: When you first add money to your PayPal account, you need to verify your identity through PayPal’s Customer Identification Program. If your identity cannot be verified, you will not be able to access the funds.
- Payment market, A Latin American fintech provides a complete ecosystem of financial solutions for companies, firms, enterprises or those who want to manage their money safely, simply and comfortably.
- It is found in the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay.
- Once you’ve created your artist fundraising pick, listeners can contribute through the Mercado Pagoda platform. The Mercado Pagoda Payment Link allows artists to accept contributions. Mercado Pago account is not required.
- Mercado Pago integrates with major credit and debit cards in all countries, and can process financial withdrawals within your Mercado Pago digital account.
- From your Mercado Pago account in the “Collection” section, select the Payment Link option to create the number of links you prefer. You can assign a title, include a price, and upload a representative image. By selecting “More Options”, you can set a specific date in the link (ie until it is used), and choose the payment method you want to offer. Keep in mind that you can add or remove from your collection tools as many times as you want.
- Artists will need to set a specific grant amount for their requested artist fundraising contributions which can be any amount of their choice. We suggest that this is an amount that most listeners find affordable.
- PayU Creates innovative financial services solutions for high-growth markets around the world. It offers local payment processing across the market through the connection of banks and acquisition of alternative payment methods.
- PayU is available in the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru.
- Start with PayU Here, Then select your country and follow the instructions.
- Artists will need to set a specific grant amount for their requested artist fundraising contribution that can be any amount of their choice. We suggest that this is an amount that most listeners find affordable.
- For Spanish-speaking countries, email firstname.lastname@example.org For support. For Brazil, email email@example.com.
iyzico (a PayU company)
- Turkish Fintech Company Iziko Digital commerce provides innovative funding and secure online shopping solutions for the market. iyzico joined PayU in 2019.
- Artists who select Iziko as their artist fundraising provider can only accept grants from Turkish audiences. For more information about Iziko, you can visit them Help Center.
- Gifts An online peer-to-peer and crowdfunding platform owned and operated by New Zealand. They support the opportunity to raise funds for individuals, groups, schools, charities and businesses. Anyone can raise funds at Givealittle for things that are important to them.
- At Givalital, you can create a page to raise funds for yourself, your employees, or three charities. If you want to support a New Zealand charity but don’t want to create your own page, there are also options for Givealittle. You will find instructions on how to do this Small webpage For Spotify for artist users.
- Givealittle has over 3,000 registered NZ charities for which you can raise funds, which you can search Here.
- Givealittle does not charge a sign-up fee, and they do not charge the donor for donations. Givealittle fee is a flat 5% based on the amount paid. Donors have the option to “top-up” their grants which further lowers the fees. Visit their website to see more information about A small fee, And their full terms. If you have any questions about how to use Givealittle, you can Contact them here.
Spotify’s Kovid-1 Music Relief Project
If you are interested in raising money for relief organizations directly from artists around the world, you can choose a verified Spotify COVID-19 music relief organization. For a complete list of partners, see Here. When you select a Music Relief Charity, donations made directly through your Artist Fundraising Pick will be eligible for Spotify’s $ 10M USD Combined Fund.
Each of our globally verified artist support agencies directly helps raise money raised by music industry professionals.
– Spotify for artists