Choosing the right Disney hotel for your family can seem quite daunting. One of the reasons I love Disney moderated resorts is that they offer a little bit of everything a Disney resort has to offer. Disney’s Caribbean Beach is the original moderate resort. Over the years many improvements have been made. But, like anything, there are some good points and some weak points. Here are the pros and cons of staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
Advantages of Disney’s Caribbean Beach
- Access to Disney Skyliner
- Easy access to Disney Hollywood studios and EPCOT
- Tropical theme that matches the vibrations of Florida
- An artificial island, Caribbean Cay, which hosts many recreational activities
- Pirate themed function pool
- Water playground
- Three places to eat and drink
- Quiet pools near each group of buildings
- Well-appointed rooms with relaxing décor
- Pirate-themed rooms are available
- Easy access to car parks if you have a car
- Close to Disney’s Riviera Resort, we offer more variety of restaurants
Disadvantages of Disney’s Caribbean Beach
- Distribute the resort with some room locations within walking distance of amenities
- There is a bridge that crosses the lagoon to the amenities, but Caribbean Cay Island is on the way
- Bus stops can be very close depending on the location of the room
- The bus only accesses Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs
- Buildings near each Skyliner station may experience lines and congestion near them during the morning rush.
- Only Centertown Market offers takeaway restaurants
- Currently, food at the Banana Cabana Pool Bar can only be eaten and drinks can be prepared
- Small bathroom, although it helps to close the sliding doors in the toilet area
- The shower curtain comes off the wand easily
My family and I stayed two nights at Disney’s Caribbean Beach in early 2021. It was the first time we were together at this resort and my first time since the major renovation and addition of the Disney Skyliner. The comfort of the Skyliner could not be better for us.
I used the TouringPlans Room Finder and asked for a number of room numbers to suit our needs. I wanted a first floor, corner room near the Riviera Resort Skyliner station, but not too far from the bridge leading to Caribbean Beach.
I ordered a small list of rooms and luckily we received one of these rooms, the 5201. It was perfectly located near the Riviera Resort, so we could get straight to EPCOT and save a few steps to the station from Caribbean Beach to Hollywood Studios. We also grabbed a snack and a few drinks at the Riviera Resort’s Bar Riva. Finally, we were about a ten minute walk to Centertown Market via the bridge that crossed Caribbean Cay.
There is a good amount of walking to get around this resort. Our room in Aruba gave us the location we wanted. If you decide to stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort, be sure to use our Room Finder tool and spend some time getting to know the different room locations. And if you want a little expert help, our travel team will be happy to help you.
Have you ever stayed at Caribbean Beach? What advantages or disadvantages would you add to this list?
First published on February 4, 2021. Updated on October 4, 2021.