This week, Walt Disney World has announced its plans for the upcoming 2021 party and have now released the first details of the EPCOT International Festival Festival.
The EPCOT International Holiday Festival presented by AdventHealth features beloved cultural traditions, seasonal flavors and storytellers from the eleven nations of the World Showcase, and is one of my favorite parts of the WDW vacation.
During the festival, the festive traditions of the world come to life with great fun around the World Showcase, such as:
- Les Posadas at the Mexico pavilion
- Canadian Holiday Voyageurs in the Canada Pavilion
- Chinese lion dance celebrating the new year in the China Pavilion
- A Hanukkah storyteller along the boardwalk
- Holiday storytellers in France, Italy, Japan, Norway and the United Kingdom
- Outside of The American Adventure, you can greet Santa as he prepares for the big day
A big part of the festival is the holiday cuisines, which include recipes from around the world, such as slow toasted turkey and holiday bread cake, and sweets such as pumpkin gingerbread cheesecake and mint mushrooms. .
Here is the complete list of kitchens and where to find them:
- American Holiday Table – American Adventure Pavilion
- Bavaria Holiday Kitchen – Pavilion of Germany
- The Donut Box: Near Test Track Presented by Chevrolet
- Holiday home dessert: near the port of entry
- Holiday sweets and candies: near the port of entry
- The Chaim! Holiday cuisine: between the pavilions of Morocco and France
- Les Posadas Holiday Kitchen – Mexico Pavilion
- The Christmas Kitchen Christmas Market – Pavilion of France
- Mele Kalikimaka – Near the port of entry
- It Some Holiday Kitchen – Japan Pavilion
- Tangier Cafeteria: Flavors of the Medina – Pavilion of Morocco
- Tuscany Holiday Kitchen – Pavilion Italy
- Yukon Holiday Kitchen – Canada Pavilion
There are no menus yet, but I’m sure we’ll have that information soon.
A new offering, Chestnuts & Good Cheer Holiday Kitchen, will serve fire-roasted chestnuts and cinnamon-glazed almonds and cashews, perfect for snacking as you stroll through the World Showcase. It will also be located near the port of entry.
Speaking of sweets, the holiday cookie walk has returned. Buy five cookies, including the SNICKERS®-Doodle cookie made with SNICKERS bars or the Wrinkled Chocolate cookie made with DOVE® dark chocolate (pictured above), at any of the official cookie-making sites listed on the Festival’s passport, and collect a matching stamp. Once you’ve collected all five stamps, bring your passport to Holiday Sweets & Treats to receive a free specialty cookie.
Another fun activity is scavenger hunting on Olaf’s holiday expedition. Search for festive traditions that Olaf has gathered from all over the world and lost along the way. Buy the map and stickers at certain festival merchandise locations.
All food, drink and live entertainment, along with the Candlelight Light procession, is why EPCOT is a must when visiting Walt Disney World for a vacation this year.