What are Orlando theme parks more synonymous with than long lines and high prices? That’s right, disguised characters! Universal Orlando offers its own cast of classic and modern characters for autographs and photos. In the first part of this series, we talked about the ways to get to know the characters at Universal Orlando. In this second part, we will discuss where to find specific characters in the parks.
Where can I Find the Characters?
Due to Warner’s control of the franchise, similar characters from Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Voldemort or others are not in the park. The only place you can see these characters will be at their respective attractions.
Two facial characters meet and greet each other on the ground: at Hogsmeade, the Hogwarts Express driver can be found next to the train, while the Knight Bus operator can be found off Diagon Alley next to the bus.
The Marvel characters from Spider-man, The Avengers and the Fantastic Four can be seen in their proper costumes for the comics on the Marvel Super Hero Islands of Adventure. Meetings and greetings take place across the country and a Captain America-themed character meal is offered on select nights.
Due to the COVID-19 protocols, the character meal is suspended and a rotating set of characters is found at the northern end of the terrain.
Despicable Me & Minions
- Several Minions, including Jerry, Bob, and Stuart, are in the Despicable Me Minion Mayhem exit area
- The Minions, Crane, Girls and more are at Universal Superstar Parade and Universal Holiday Parade
- Minions, Gru and the girls are part of the breakfast of the character Despicable Me
Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Krusty and Sideshow Bob are in Springfield USA at Universal Studios Florida. The characters are between The Simpsons Ride and Kwik-E-Mart.
- Shrek, Donkey, and sometimes Fiona appear on the south side of the Monsters Cafe building in their meeting and reunion area. Shrek, Donkey, Fiona, the three blind mice and more appear at the Universal Holiday Parade. Sometimes Shrek appears in the Dreamworks Destination attraction
- Characters from Trolls, KungFu Panda, Madagascar and Shrek appear in the Dreamworks Destination attraction
- Characters from KungFu Panda and Madagascar appear in Islands of Adventure on the Lost Continent, in front of Fire Eaters Grill and at the Port of Entry.
Jurassic Park / World
Although none of the human characters are in Jurassic Park in Islands of Adventure, you can find the Jurassic World raptors at the Raptor Encounter. Just pick up your kids and check for missing digits.
- Cat in the Hat, The Things, Grinch (fursuit version) and more Seuss characters can be found at Seuss Landing
- The Grinch (character of the face, as in Jim Carey’s film) can only be found during the holidays at his character’s breakfast or at the show Grinchmas Wholiday Spectacular
Universal pulls out of a large library of its own and other characters to find one of the large strips of characters found outside of Walt Disney World.
At Universal Studios Florida you can find:
- Doc Brown from DeLorean’s Back to the Future, outside of Animal Actors or Hollywood
- Scooby-Doo and & The Gang are in Hollywood
- Hello Kitty is out of her store in Hollywood
- The Blues Brothers are mixed after their show in New York
- Marilyn Monroe, Lucy Ricardo and other famous vintage characters are in Hollywood
- SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward can be found at their KidZone store or at the daily Superstar fashion show
- Popeye, Olive Oyl, Betty Boop and other classic comic book characters are in Toon Lagoon
Do you have a favorite character you see in the parks? Leave them and any questions in the comments below.