Rock the Universe is listed by Universal Orlando as Florida’s largest Christian music festival. In 2022, it will be held on 28 and 29 January. The event will take place from 4 to 1 p.m. both nights. Rock the Universe is primarily an out-of-hours payment event that is not included with the normal daily ticket. Tickets will be required to purchase at Universal Orlando.
The standard Rock the Universe ticket allows entry at 4pm at Universal Studios Florida. The event doesn’t really start until 6pm, when the park closes to the day’s guests. The one-night ticket (Friday or Saturday) will cost you $ 73.99. A two-night ticket costs $ 113.99. There are usually discounted tickets for Universal Orlando annual pass holders, but they haven’t been announced yet.
You can also select a Rock Your Weekend ticket. That’s $ 129.99 for one day and $ 174.99 for two days. These tickets include entry to Rock the Universe but also allow you to enjoy the parks during the day before 4pm.
What does Rock the Universe include?
The most prominent are the leading contemporary Christian record artists in concert. They will perform on the Universal Music Plaza stage.
Friday, January 28thth, the main group is “for KING & COUNTRY”. Joel and Luke Smallbone are part of a famous family of Christian music. They have won four Grammy Awards. They’ve created some awesome music videos like “The Proof of Your Love,” “Shoulders,” and “Burn the Ships,” to name a few. They were in the movie “Priceless.” Their shows are well done and will no doubt feature more than a few drum solos. Also Friday night, Crowder, Matthew West, Rhett Walker, Jordan Feliz and Riley Clemmons will perform on the Universal Music Plaza stage.
On Saturday, January 29thth, the innovative Casting Crowns group is the main event. This group led by Mark Hall started in 1999. They still lead the cult and do concerts. Saturday night will also feature a greater variety of music styles with other talented artists such as Zach Williams, Big Daddy Weave, We the Kingdom, Cory Asbury of Bethel Music and Social Club Misfits on the Universal Music Plaza stage.
In addition to the main events, there is usually a side stage, autograph sessions, a live DJ and a candle lighting ceremony. The Coca-Cola Fan Zone, which is typically located in the New York area of the park, is home to these activities. This will give fans a chance to connect with their favorite music artists. There will be a special stage for other performers. When the performers don’t play, a DJ will entertain the audience.
On Saturday night, on the stage of the Plaça de la Música, there will be candle lighting. This is a modified mini worship service that usually includes some of the top music artists. On Sunday morning there will be a non-denominational worship service. This is included with all Rock the Universe ticket options.
Finally, many of the theme park’s attractions will work, such as Rip Ride Rock-it and Transformers. You can buy Express Passes for the night for shorter waits at these attraction queues.
A few helpful tips if you decide to move your universe
- This event takes place in the winter. I realize that Florida winter is not winter in Canada. However, you should make sure to wear a sweatshirt / sweatshirt / jacket. The event runs until 1 a.m., so it could cool off. Even if it’s not cold, you’ll be outdoors. Maybe it’s raining! You will need to plan ahead.
- Once you have decided to experience this event, you should plan the bands / groups you want to enjoy. For popular groups, you must arrive at the concert venue first.
- Make sure you know where the nearest toilets are. For example, the bathrooms closest to Universal Music Plaza are to the right of the concert stage, near the Jimmy Fallon attraction. If you are not aware of this, you may be walking a long way to find a toilet.
- Photos and videos can seem like a good idea. Feel free to grab some. However, these concerts are intended as an experience. I recommend that you limit your phone use so that you can enjoy the concerts.
- If you plan to attend the worship service on Saturday or Sunday, you will need to plan for it. For Saturday’s worship act, you should arrive very soon. If you plan to attend the Sunday worship service, you will probably need to register in advance.
- A council with a great exemption from responsibility …, my “real job” is as an American Baptist minister (ABC-USA). I have attended many contemporary Christian concerts. That said, I have seen the best and worst of Jesus ’followers in these events. If you have not attended this event or similar events, let me warn you of the likelihood of people. The vast majority of people will be there to enjoy the concerts and even to worship their tradition of faith in a genuine way. However, the crowd will have many teenagers. Adolescents, regardless of their quality of faith, do not always act rightly. To be fair, are any of us proud of all the decisions we made when we were teenagers? I mention this just to warn you not to expect perfectly behaved crowds. Even teenagers with genuine faith can sometimes look like walking chainsaw groups during Halloween horror nights. This will be the exception, but don’t attend an event like this with pink glasses.
- Also, as you know, there are many different tribes of followers of Jesus. In some more conservative tribes, there is a concern for anything that involves magic. Because Universal Orlando has areas dedicated to a magic wizard, you may hear some people talking about the Magic World in a negative way. To be fair, this also happened to the Walt Disney World version of this event. Again, none of us want to be judged by the extreme versions of our worldview. However, if you are planning to attend this great event, it is best to be prepared.
- Be prepared to stop. These concerts are not held in spaces covered with seats. You will be outdoors on the lawn of the Music Square.
This event can be an amazing experience. However, like any theme park experience, it’s best to be prepared!