The expedition to Everest has become a favorite ride of fans at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. And in addition to offering some excitement, the attraction has also become known for what is hidden inside: the Yeti.
But, if you’ve seen Pixar’s Monsters, Inc., you may know that the Yeti is known for something else in the Disney sphere: snow cones! You may remember the scene in the movie where the abominable snowman offers Mike and Sulley a lot of his Lemon yellow snow cones, i, now you can make them at home!
Disney has introduced a lot of frozen treats to parks over the years, but you no longer have to travel to the Japan Pavilion at EPCOT or the Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats at Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure. Here is the COMPLETE recipe for the lemon snow cones from the abominable snowman Monsters, Inc.!
- 6 lemons
- 2 cups sugar (put the diet on hold!)
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- Yellow food coloring
- Squeeze the lemons to make about 1 cup of juice.
- Combine lemon juice, sugar, corn syrup and water in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat. Beat until everything is combined.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool. Add yellow food coloring and stir until the mixture is a bright yellow.
- Make crushed ice with a blender or snow cone machine.
- Combine the grated ice and the yellow syrup mixture in a large bowl. Mix until ice is completely covered.
- Serve the mixture on paper cones.
And then it’s time to enjoy your dealings with friends and family!
If you fancy more Disney recipes, you’re in luck! We have hundreds of different recipes to try, so be sure to check them out and stay tuned to AllEars for more!
Want to bring the flavors of Disney home? Click here to see some of our favorite Disney recipes!
Was the Yeti’s lemon ice very nice? Let us know in the comments
Join the AllEars.net newsletter to stay up to date on ALL Disney news! You’ll also have access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia and MORE! Click here to subscribe!