Have you ever been for a few days your vacation and thought to yourself, “Would I really use a break!”? Given the intensity of planning, travel, and visits that come with a “vacation” at the theme park, a short break can make a big difference. Fortunately, for those traveling with children, fur babies or other loved ones who need a little assistance, there is a 23-year-old company called Kid’s Nite Out (KNO) just a call away.
KNO is a family business that offers parents and caregivers the freedom to go out for a while during the trip. You may be wondering how all this works or why you will leave your loved ones with a complete stranger (even if your need to mount the Everest Expedition is quite … extreme). From my perspective as a father of two young children, I felt the same way … but the idea of a childless night at Walt Disney World justified further research, IMHO! And while I dared a bit when I made the final decision to use KNO for my five-year-old twins in the fall of 2019, all the information gathering I had made facilitated the decision.
Before deciding to book with KNO, I thoroughly researched the company’s website to find out that all of its people are reviewing their backgrounds at the local, state, and federal levels, as well as cross-references with the National Sex Offender Registry. They must also be at least 18 years old, have been tested for drugs and certified in CPR, and have a minimum of 2 years of experience in early childhood or teacher education. These safety details were probably the most important and compelling for me as a parent, but I had also learned that KNO children can take their children to playgrounds, playrooms, restaurants, and other recreational activities (except those involving water). , so I knew we had a home run in our hands for my little arcade loving kids. The deciding factor for me, however, was when I located a personal story on the website of a trusted theme park blogger about the amazing experience his family had with a particular KNO person. Then I knew it was time to pull the trigger and reserve the babysitter for this story for my kids.
When I picked up the phone to make our reservation in the room, I was pleasantly surprised to have been immediately contacted by a live booking agent who was both friendly and helpful. I told her how I had heard about KNO and that I would like to request a specific child, to which the agent responded not only how wonderful this particular caregiver was, but of course we could work with she. In five minutes or less, I had chosen a date and time, discussed our basic requirements, and provided my credit card to confirm the reservation. We went to our Disney dating night and only counted the days!
The day before our booking, we received a confirmation text and a call and were asked if we had any last minute questions. My husband and I asked about the meeting procedure and if we would have contact with the babysitter all night. The KNO staff reassured us immediately, informing us that yes, they would give us the singer’s personal mobile to send text messages and / or call all night, and that she would arrive at the time / place specified with a company-sponsored uniform. .
The next evening, everything went like clockwork. Our babysitter showed up just in time, wearing a branded t-shirt as promised, and immediately set out to meet our boys. They took her immediately, chatting about her interests and what they would like to do while she was with them. He then provided us with the documentation to sign on the paperwork and payment, contact information, details on the needs of the boys and a plan for their time with them. As predicted, they immediately asked him to take them to the arcade, so when it came time to separate us, the boys never. mirava. back.
My husband and I went to EPCOT for dinner and fireworks, and honestly, our babysitter never gave us a chance to feel anxious. Before we even got to the park, he had sent us a text message with photos of the boys smiling and enjoying the arcade. Since one of my boys also had sniffles, he informed us about his condition throughout the night. He even texted me with a picture of the boys having a good night next to Lightning McQueen as they returned to the room.
They were sleeping peacefully when we returned from our adult-only relaxing afternoon, but when they woke up the next morning, they were absolutely talking about their childhood. In fact, when we told them they would not see her again on that trip, they never cried! They made us promise that we would call KNO again for our next trip so they could see her again.
As you can imagine, the pandemic has changed things a bit since our family’s experience with KNO in 2019. I called this week to find out how their process might have changed for our next trip and who took the telephone but the co-owner of the company. , Carol Evans!
Carol had the following to share with me:
- All current daycare bookings must be made at least one week in advance to ensure availability; Booking staff is available from 08:00 until 21:00 7 days a week
- Although guests are not required to wear masks, employees must wear masks whenever requested by parents / guardians.
- 98% of KNO employees are fully vaccinated
- Parents / guardians’ requests for masks, social distancing, etc. will be strictly followed
- Some additional things to know about Kid’s Night Out:
- KNO caregivers can be booked 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Standard rates are USD 25 / hour for 1 child, USD 28 / hour for 2 children, USD 31 / hour for 3 children, USD 34 / hour for 4 children and USD 37 / hour for more than 5 children, with a minimum of 4 hours per reservation.
- Cancellations require 24 hours notice for standard dates and 48 hours notice for holidays
- Payment is only made by credit card, but discretionary advice should be given to cash caregivers.
- KNO caregivers will not bring their loved ones to theme parks, but they can be hired to help adults with their loved ones while they are in the parks.
- KNO is the trusted child care provider for parents Disney and Loews Hotels, Universal Orlando, Orlando Marriott properties, Swan and Dolphin Resort and Walt Disney Resorts, as well as its good neighboring hotels in downtown Florida
- KNO also offers daycare for groups (weddings, conventions, etc.) ranging from 11 to 1,500 children with personalized entertainment and themes available upon request.
- KNO is fully insured and all its employees are employed instead of subcontractors
I wholeheartedly recommend Kid’s Nite Out for your family’s next trip to the Orlando area, whether it’s to spend some adult time away from the kids, or peace of mind for your pet or other loved ones while you’re away. checking everything. list. KNO is a veteran creating the perfect experience for you and your fellow travelers so you can make the most of your vacation. Be sure to check them out for your next trip to kidsniteout.com or by calling 1-407-828-0920!