Today, our “Everything 50th” series continues with a new EARidescent magic to discover at Disney Resort hotels during the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort.
As regular readers know, the Disney Resorts collection immerses you in fantastic surroundings, offering the same legendary storytelling, details and service to guests in our parks. And for the 50th anniversary celebration, every hotel destination shines like never before. From dazzling decorations and celebration treats to family fun activities, new perks and more, you’re surrounded by the world’s most magical celebration when stay in the magic!
By the time you arrive at a Disney Resort hotel, be part of the Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary celebration with brilliant magical touches day and night.
Disney chefs have created new and delicious 50th anniversary menus, many inspired by Walt’s favorite dishes, as well as the EARidescent magic of our celebration. Special offers can be found at select dining venues:
La Mara, the animal kingdom of Disney Lodge
- Chocolate mousse with a cardamom financier
Sanaa, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- African triple chocolate mousse: dark chocolate from Ghana, milk chocolate from Madagascar, blonde chocolate from France, chocolate chip cookie and almond and strawberries.
Contempo Café, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- 50th Anniversary Peanut Butter and Banana Cake: Sweet Cake Shell Stuffed with Peanut Butter Mousse and Banana Sauce Covered with Chocolate Enamel and Chocolate Decoration
Toledo – Tapas, steaks and seafood, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Stewed lamb belly with mashed potatoes and olive oil, rosemary garlic sauce, cranberry jam and English peas
- 50th Anniversary Desserts – Almond Cheesecake – Marcona Almond, Lemon Curd, Pistachio Sponge, Meringue, Cherry Jelly, Fresh Raspberries
P & J’s Southern Takeout, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds
- Trio of chicken muffins
- Fried chicken and apple fritters, stuffed with apple pie and vanilla butter cream
- Peas and Carrots: Strawberry Moonshine Cream, White Chocolate Ice Cream and M & M’S Mini “Peas”
- Potato puree mousse cupcake-SNICKERS, caramel butter cream and “butter” STARBURST
Grand Floridian Café, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- 50th Anniversary Vintage Minnie’s Brown Betty Profiterole: A Crispy Cream Sheet Stuffed with One of Walt’s Favorite Flavors of Spicy Apples with Cinnamon and Chantilly Cream
Gasparilla Island Grill, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- 50th Anniversary Mickey EARidescent Cupcake: Vanilla cupcake stuffed with lemon curd covered with blueberry mousse and surrounded by EARidescent glaze
Olivia’s Cafe, Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Spam-Cheddar cookies with white sauce and sprinkled with honey
Capt. Cook’s, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- 50th Celebration Cupcake: Vanilla Cupcake with DOLE Whip Center, Tropical Fruit Sauce and Pineapple Macaroni
Le Petit Café, Disney’s Riviera Resort
- 50th Celebration Cupcake – Vanilla cupcake, cake-flavored mousse and caramel butter cream icing topped with crispy pearls, 50th birthday splashes and a whimsical golden Mickey
Topolino’s Terrace-Flavors of the Riviera, Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Crème Brûlée of vanilla and citrus – Morello cherry compote, strawberry cream, sugary donuts, chocolate meringues, 50th anniversary chocolate stamp
Roaring Fork, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Petit Stump Cake: Chocolate Cake with Butter Cream Filling Birthday Cake Wrapped in Chocolate Bark Fondant Topped with a 50th Anniversary Chocolate Coin
Geyser Point Bar & Grill, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Lemon meringue cake: homemade pie crust, lemon curd with toasted meringue
The Market at Ale & Compass, Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- 50th Celebration Tart: Birthday cake mousse dome on top of a vanilla cake shell filled with milk chocolate mousse with crispy mini chocolate pearls, butter cream, fondant and chocolate decoration
And as a special treat, you can enjoy 50th Signature S’mores with blueberry marshmallows, a chocolate medallion with the 50 logo and EARidescent sprinkles available for purchase at selected Disney Resort hotels.
One of our newest restaurants, Steakhouse 71, located at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, opened its doors for the 50th anniversary celebration and offers an amazing dinner menu with all the features of a family grill, along with delicious dishes for breakfast and lunch. Check out our original history for more details or make a reservation now by visiting the Walt Disney World Resort website.
As part of the world’s most magical celebration, California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort offers a three-course menu for a limited time with dishes inspired by past favorites as well as new creations from the market. Check out the full menu in our previous story or make a reservation now.
When you stay in the magic during the celebration, you will also be able to take part in a unique theme hunt in its thematic type at the classic attractions of the opening day and the iconic tickets that were originally used in 1971. The themed track number 50 Bed linen can be picked up at the Resort hotels from 19 November.
In addition, guests staying under the stars at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground can enjoy their own cart search that celebrates the history and heritage of this special resort, which is also celebrating its 50th anniversary.th birthday this year!
There’s more family fun to live in at Disney Resort hotels with 50th-themed pool parties celebrating Walt Disney World Resort’s legacy. Pool party topics include:
- Pop culture of the 70s – celebrating the decade that it all started!
- Magical Kingdom – highlighting the theme park along with classic attractions.
- Heritage resorts – Show thematic activities in tourist centers.
Few things are more nostalgic than watching the Electric Water Contest illuminating the waterways at Walt Disney World Resort. And to celebrate the 50th, there’s a whimsical addition with a towering castle, swirling pixie dust, and a version of the celebration anthem, “The Magic is Calling,” recorded with the show’s iconic electromagnetic synthesizer sound. .
Disney Electric Water Contest, But Do It ## WaltDisneyWorld 50th Celebration ✨ ## DisneyWorld50 ## Disney ## DisneyParks ## Electrical ## Water ## Pageant
Original original sound – Disney Parks
The scene of the celebration of the Electric Water Contest ends each stop of its procession. We have shared more details in our original story of the Electric Water Contest.
At Disney Resort hotels, you’ll find two new versions of collectible and refillable mugs with designs inspired by the 50th anniversary celebration. Both cups include creative art that highlights favorite characters, attractions and Disney Park resorts, including our special Beacons of Magic!
If you’re taking a look at everything the 50th anniversary celebration has to offer at the entire Walt Disney World Resort, you’ll notice that our free on-site transportation has an extra pixie powder! You can travel in brilliant style with the new 50a artwork in selected Disney Skyliner cabins, Disney Transportation buses and one of our special monorails.
During the celebration, also be on the lookout for the surprise appearances of some favorite Disney friends, who will be dressed in their best EARidescent and come to visit guests of Disney Resort hotels.
These friends have a lot of character, and they are not the only ones! With shiny new name tags, our legendary cast members are at the heart of this unique celebration in life and look forward to sharing a little of their world with you during this special time.
And for the magical 50th anniversary celebration, there are new benefits to early entry to the theme park for guests at the Disney Resort hotel. You can be one of the first every day to see the dazzling decorations and experience the EARidescent excitement. In addition, if you stay at one of our Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotels, you can enjoy extended hours on selected nights at specific theme parks. Visit our original story for more information.
There are many special touches you will find in all of our Disney Resort hotels when you stay in the magic during our 50th anniversary celebration. To stay up to date on everything 50th, be sure to follow #DisneyWorld50 on social media and check out our special Everything Walt Disney World 50th page.
* Please note that the benefits of the Disney Resort hotel are subject to change without notice.