For me, if it was more than $ 400 difference for a week, I would stay at Dockside. This would allow me to have a lot more money to do other things. In my current scenario, prices are closer. As I’ve said in recent weeks on several UK-based theme park podcasts, Adventure is my favorite Universal Orlando hotel.
Why would I consider staying at Aventura over Dockside? I need to put a big disclaimer here. This is a discussion of the comparison of standard twin rooms on each level of the tourist hotel. If you need / want more sleeping surfaces, this gets more complicated. Endless Summer Resorts have “suites” with three large beds, so if you need more sleeping space, these are good options. Value-added resorts have rooms that can accommodate more people. However, the price is much higher or you use a sofa bed.
Now, I’ll list a few reasons why I’ll probably spend an extra $ 200 a week on a better room just for me:
- Both more valuable options have walkways dedicated to the volcano bay. If you feel like visiting the water park, this will make your visit much more enjoyable compared to using the bus system.
- The restoration tracks of the two most value complexes are superior to the value restoration tracks. Now the price may be a little higher, but the food is better with more variety. In addition, holders of an annual pass obtain a 10% discount in value-added restoration areas more, but not in value-level restoration areas. Cabana Bay has superior poolside bars. The Adventure has a rooftop bar and bistro. Adventure also has the shortest waits in its Starbucks lobby. Cabana Bay has a Starbucks that remains open until 10 p.m.
- On a related note, most value resorts offer free Coca-Cola cups of “stay length” for $ 18. Value complexes don’t limit the maximum to $ 18, so if you stay a week, the price is $ 27 and there’s no annual discount. If you stay two weeks, like our friends in the UK, the freestyle cup is $ 48 at value resorts. For someone who has an addiction to diet soft drinks, this is important.
- Value Plus resorts have many more amenities, such as a bowling alley, a virtual reality game room (when you reopen) and better gyms.
- The pool areas of both more value complexes are better than the value complex pools. In addition, if you are staying in a more or higher value complex, you can go to any higher level pool. If you stay at a value level, you can’t do it. If you stay for several days, the possibility of visiting other local pools on a day other than a theme park is a big plus.
- The Adventure and Cabana Bay Beach Resort feel like you’re in a sort of Universal Orlando bubble. This is not true of the value options found on International Drive.
- Both Surfside and Dockside are excellent value for money. However, Cabana Bay Beach Resort has a much higher rate with families with older children and teens. Adventure has a much higher rate with adults. Let’s face it, most of the time I consider myself an adult, so that’s a factor for me.
- The shuttle bus service is slightly better for the value for money plus the hotels. This is especially true with the current construction project of the shuttle bus descent area.
- Not that I would encourage it, BUT, Aventura and Cabana Bay are within a reasonable distance of the Sapphire Falls Resort for use by boat to CityWalk. This is not an option in the value complex.
- Last and foremost, the quality of the bed and the noise factor are much better in relation to the price and the resorts. Now, Cabana Bay can be very noisy when hosting entertainment groups. However, when you stay in a standard room in both Dockside and Surfside, you can understand your neighbor’s conversation in the standard rooms. No matter how loud it may be in the hallways, I can’t clearly understand my neighbor next door in either Cabana Bay or Adventure. For the record, the noise level in Adventure may be the lowest at any theme park complex I’ve ever enjoyed.
Yes, the final choice is mine. For your group, the final choice is also yours. Choose wisely because each group has different needs.
Would you rather stay at a higher price for a slightly higher price? What is your turning point between the two? Let us know in the comments.
You may also like …
As of today, the Universal Dining Plans have officially ended and appear to have ended indefinitely. According to a…
Universal Orlando Resort will also be closed due to coronavirus problems. The details are as follows: very careful …
As Universal Orlando navigates the COVID-19 and the new normal, the complex is updating several of the security policies in the …
Whether you have been a guest of Walt Disney World for a long time and want to change your vacation or visit Orlando for …