Six of our Disneyland Resort cast members were recently joined by friends, family, their leaders, and none other than Mickey Mouse himself aboard the Mark Twain Riverboat to celebrate an incredible milestone: five decades of service!
Watch the video to share your special celebration, and then move on to get to know these amazing cast members, their memories, and their knowledge of more than 50 years of dedicated service.
It began: May 1971, as a tour guide for Disneyland Park
Current role: Senior Manager, Disneyland Resort Merchandise Special Events
- One of the first black women in the resort’s history to be a full-time VIP tour guide, as well as the first black woman buyer and first black manager.
- It hosted celebrities such as Rock Hudson, Cary Grant, Diana Ross, Elton John, Magic Johnson, the Jonas Brothers and Julie Andrews.
- He co-founded PULSE, a corporate employee resource group (BERG) for members and employees of the black cast.
“It’s not like going to work. I enjoy everything I do: the good and the bad. I just choose to always smile and laugh. “
Start: June 1971, at Refreshment Corner
Current Function: Theme Park Service Manager, Disneyland Park
- He helped open Tokyo Disneyland in 1982
- He planned and opened the Mickey & Friends parking structure, the largest west coast parking structure at the opening.
- He has served as theme park manager for 17 years, leading cast members through emergencies, special events and inaugurations.
She started: June 1971, as a waitress
Current function: Retail distributor
- He played 13 roles over 50 years, including helping open the adventure of Indiana Jones, Mickey’s Toontown and Critter Country.
- He helped open Tokyo Disneyland, including managing the food, equipment and staff of a corporate event for more than 5,000 guests.
- Creator of multiple sharing resources, including the Disney Loss Prevention Guideline
“I’ve always had someone who raised me here. From birthday parties to baby showers, to bittersweet memories like the death of Roy Disney … everything we’ve celebrated and endured has helped us form a deep camaraderie. and friendship “.
Begins: July 1971, as a costume designer
He recently retired after being the manager of Disney Look and Cosmeology
- It officially began on Disneyland Park’s 16th anniversary, spending 47 of its 50 years at Costuming.
- In addition, he served three years as director of show and parade operations for Disney California Adventure Park
“While there have been so many changes over time and the resort has expanded, the ultimate goal of providing fun family entertainment has remained the same throughout my 50s.”
Start: July 1965, in Security
- He has spent his entire career at Disney in Security, beginning the year before Walt Disney’s death, and even saw Walt walk frequently in Disneyland Park.
- He worked at Fantasyland the day Walt dedicated the opening of “It’s a small world” in 1966
- He met his future wife, a cast member, in 1967 and married her in 1968.
- It was written and served in Vietnam in 1968, returning to Disneyland in 1970
“The friendships I developed with people I worked with brought me back. I was part of a group of 12 Disneyland Resort security officers … we met weekly for years and we still meet occasionally today. “
Start: 1966, at Plaza Inn
- He was able to interact with Walt on many occasions while dining at the Plaza Inn, as it was his favorite restaurant
- He has been working at Costume Issue since 1978 – 43 years old!
- He married a co-star, Gail
- We have successfully learned the names of all the cast members who entered Costuming
“What I enjoy most about working at Disneyland is all the friendships I’ve made over the years.”