It’s the first week of a new year, and like many of you, I’m excited to embrace 2022 with a focus on health and wellness. This year I have even more incentives to become the best version of myself … I will get married in April! I can’t wait for the wedding and I want to see and feel the best I can.
This past Monday, I was lucky enough to take part in a morning yoga class at Disney Springs. This “preview” was for cast members, but I’m happy to share that some selected Wednesdays and Fridays in January, Disney Springs will also be offering free group fitness classes to our guests. Each class will begin at 9:00 a.m. and will take place in the city center, near Ever After Jewelry Co. & Accessories. Are you interested in participating? Here is the schedule:
Wellness Wednesday Events:
- 1/5 – HIIT training class presented by Fabletics
- 1/12 – Warrior One Yoga presented by lululemon
- 1/19 – HIIT training class presented by Under Armor
- 1/26 – Orlando Power Yoga presented by Fabletics
Fitness Friday Events:
- 21/1 – Warrior One Yoga presented by lululemon
- 1/28 – HIIT training class presented by Under Armor
Registration is required for all events and places are limited. To register, visit the Fitness and Wellness page on the Experiences tab at DisneySprings.com.
Of course, exercise is only one component of a healthy lifestyle; it is also important to eat a balanced diet. While Disney Springs is certainly known for some really exaggerated indulgent foods, there are also many better menu items for you. Here are some of my favorites … Keep reading and you may discover something new.
Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC
– When Erin McKenna opened her original location in New York in 2005, she had two rules: (1) Create a bakery free of harmful ingredients. (2) Wear nice uniforms. Today, the Disney Springs location is doing just that, focusing on guests who are sensitive to gluten, dairy, eggs, and soy, those with a healthy mind, and those with allergies (especially children! ) that often cannot be satisfied. Everything here is vegan, gluten free and delicious!
– The Taqueria Ensalada is a staple of my Disney Springs gastronomic repertoire. Contains arcadic lettuce, raja poblano, carrot, radish, avocado, omelette strips, Cotija cheese and an avocado and lime vinaigrette. I like to switch between adding grilled chicken breast and grilled prawns to Mojo Garlic! Both are amazing.
Planet Hollywood – The Hollywood Bowl is a great salad that includes rosemary lettuce, home-roasted turkey breast, hard-boiled egg, avocado, tomato tomato and cucumber. It comes with bacon, Swiss cheese and croutons, but you can skip them if you want a low-calorie meal. Although the recommended dress is Thousand Island, feel free to change it for a balsamic vinaigrette if you wish.
The educated pig
– Polite Caesar and Cobb salads (no bacon) are satisfying bets, while the chicken salad wrap is great for those who want a handy option. You can also have a meal with a few Market Sides; Roasted beets, tomato watermelon salad, grilled corn and polished baked beans are just some of the things you might want to consider. Last but not least, there are even healthier options for the little ones, such as smoked turkey breast and grilled skinless chicken breast. Yum!
Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant – Are you trying to reduce meat consumption? Check out This Shepherd Went Vegan, an herbal pastor’s pie, or Raglan Risotto, an excellent vegetarian dish that features wild mushrooms, frozen vegetables, tarragon and shaved parmesan. Raglan Road is also celebrated by those with gluten sensitivity, as many of its popular menu items are gluten-free.
Isaac – The Tofu Power Bowl is a hearty blend of organic tofu, avocado, spinach, carrot, cabbage, cucumber, tempura crisp and wasabi ponzu. Best of all? You can modify it to your liking.
These are just some of the healthiest items you can find at Disney Springs. Ask your server for recommendations if you’re looking for other suggestions. And remember, you can always request changes from most restaurants; for example, don’t order butter, side dressing or grilled chicken instead of fried, for example. Still not ready to give up your favorites? You can enjoy anything in moderation, so order a takeaway box and plan to take half of your meal home. (The best part of this scenario? You can enjoy something delicious twice!)
Speaking of home, a relaxing living space equipped with products that evoke calm and promote your well-being is also a key ingredient to well-being. Need inspiration? Here are some ideas:
Basin – Self-care? Yes please! Sink products are made with simple, nutritious ingredients that are safe and gentle for you i the environment. Whether you opt for shampoo and conditioner sticks, bath pumps or shower pumps, you will enjoy fresh, soothing aromas that bring positivity and calm to your day.
The Occitan – Are you looking for a soft drink for your skin? Overnight Reset Oil-In-Serum provides a dual texture and powerful effect through 3,000 microbubbles of immortelle essential oil encapsulated with anti-aging benefits.
Fit2Run – Whether you’re an experienced athlete or just starting out, the Fit2Run team can help you find the perfect sneaker to help you on your running journey. At Fit2Run they think everyone is a runner … “if you put on your shoes and put one foot in front of the other, you’re a runner!” Regardless of your speed, pace or distance, each runner is important to Fit2Run Fit experts, who will work with you to find the perfect shoes. In less than 20 minutes, a fit expert can guide you through a custom fit that includes a foot scan, gait analysis, and evaluation of your goals and preferences to find the best shoes for you. No appointment required and visits are always welcome!
The exchange of spices and tea – For centuries, the health benefits of tea have been widely promoted. Find an impressive selection of loose and bagged teas, and this month you save a 50% discount on 1-ounce tea bags when you buy a cup of infusion.
Disney World – If your goal is comfortable and cozy, you will want to take a look at the Mickey Mouse Spring collection. With soothing cakes and soft fabrics, there’s something in the collection for every character in your family!
So … what healthy traits do you want to adopt in 2022? Share in the comments below – I’d love to know!