Photo credit: Alexander Wessely
If you missed out on snagging festival tickets but still want to experience live music from your living room, you’re invited to a first-of-its-kind event: Swedish House Mafia After Hours Presented by Spotify, Paradise Again Album Release Party Live From the Desert. As part of Spotify Live‘s slate of launch events, fans in select markets will be able to tune in to tonight’s late-night set by visiting Swedish House Mafia’s artist page and selecting the “live” banner once the party begins.
Curious what to expect once the festivities kick off after dark? Here are five fast facts on Swedish House Mafia and the event:
- Tonight’s party is the warm-up for Swedish House Mafia’s first tour in 10 years. Although the full run of dates doesn’t kick off until July, this desert set will give you a sneak peek of what to expect when they roll through your town this summer. (Or later this weekend during their headlining performance!)
- Swedish House Mafia has been around for 14 years, but Paradise Again is their first studio album. As it was just released today, the After Hours party will be your first chance to hear your favorite cuts from the album in a live setting.
- Before the livestream kicks off, Damian Lazarus and Cole Knight will be the opening DJs for the fans in attendance, bringing their signature house, techno, and electro sounds along with them.
- Swedish House Mafia After Hours Presented by Spotify, Paradise Again Album Release Party Live From the Desert will be streamed as a one-time-only affair on Spotify Live, which means that if you miss it, you won’t be able to check out this set later. Tune in by visiting Swedish House Mafia’s artist page and tapping on the “live” button once the party begins!
- With 17.5 million monthly listeners on Spotify and appearances on 39 million fan-created playlists, Swedish House Mafia is definitely a streaming force to be reckoned with. But what’s more, their classic track with John Martin“Don’t You Worry Child, ”Is one of the most-streamed songs among fans’ festival playlists this weekend. And since the festival lineup was announced January 12, 2022 their track with The Weeknd“Moth to a Flame”Has seen a 130% increase in streams.
This is sure to be an unforgettable party, so tune in to celebrate later tonight.